Date of establishment of bilateral relations: 22 September 1978
Head of State: President Mohammed Shahabuddin
Head of Government: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Foreign Minister: Hon. Dr. A.K Abdul Momen
High Level Exchanges
- President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih undertook a State Visit to Bangladesh from 17-18 March 2021.
- President Maumoon Abdul Gayyoom undertook an officia visit to Bangladesh in 2005.
- Vice President H.E. Mr. Faisal Naseem undertook an official visit to Bangladesh to attend the sixth Indian Ocean Conference held in Dhaka from 12-13 May 2023.
- Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid undertook an official visit to Bangladesh from 8-11 February 2021.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina undertook a State Visit to Maldives from 22-23 December 2021.
- Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen undertook a visit to Maldives from 26-28 November 2021 for the first Bilateral Consultations Meeting between Maldives and Bangladesh.
Maldives imports construction materials from Bangladesh.