17 July 2012, Male’; The visiting high level delegation from Turkmenistan has held official talks with the Government of the Maldives. During the talks held yesterday in Kurumba Maldives Resort special importance was given to Political and economical situation of both Turkmenistan and the Maldives. They also discussed about cooperating in the areas of Tourism, fisheries and agriculture, environment, aviation, energy and housing.
The Government of the Maldives was represented at the talks by:
· H. E. Dr. Abdul Samad Abdullah, Minister of Foreign Affairs
· H. E. Mr. Ahmed Mohamed, Minister of Economic Development
· H. E. Mr. Ahmed Shafeeu, Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture
· H. E. Mr. Ahmed Adheeb Abdul Ghafoor, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture
· H. E. Dr Mohamed Muizzu, Minister of Housing and Infrastructure
· H. E. Dr. Ahmed Shamheed, Minister of Transport and Communication
· H. E. Dr Mariyam Shakeela, Minister of Environment and Energy
· H. E. Mr. Mohamed Ahmed, Financial Controller at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury
The high level delegation from Turkmenistan concluded their two day official visit to the Maldives today. They were seen off at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport by H. E. Dr. Abdul Samad Abdullah, Minister of Foreign Affairs.